When you think about it, my life has pretty much revolved around school of some sort. Of course, there's the first through twelfth grade that most everyone does (I never went to kindergarten.) As a child, when I wasn't in school, I played school.
Most of my summer jobs were working for my school district in one form or another.
Then there was college.
Even when I was working at other jobs when Don and I first got married, I was usually teaching something: piano, VBS, Sunday school.
Then we had kids, and, of course, you're always teaching your kids something.
When my kids were in school, I was very involved with the school - reading to a class at lunchtime so a teacher could have a break, volunteering in some form or another, grading papers, helping with craft fairs, whatever.
Then there was the 11 years of homeschooling.
And now, as you know, I'm a substitute teacher.
So when I say "I'm going back to school to take some classes", that isn't entirely true. Because when you think about it, I never really left.
No comments:
Post a Comment