Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Change that to a really, REALLY

Yeah ... as time goes on, the desire for a full-time teaching job intensifies.

Some things have changed. When I first started subbing, I thought that high school would be my favorite thing. Turns out it wasn't. Don't get me wrong - I love high school kids and always will, but in terms of teaching music, I'm now really wanting to do elementary. This amazes me.

But I've really loved teaching music to beginners. There's so much you can do, so much for them to learn, and it would be great to be the one who teaches them the foundational things of music.

I've also really enjoyed intermediate school (5th & 6th grade). And for a while, that was my favorite, but I've definitely switched to elementary.

I have a friend, Ryan, who prays VERY specifically. When he first found out that intermediate was my favorite, he not only prayed that I would get a full-time teaching job, but that it would be at an intermediate school. (This is the same guy who, when I asked him a few years ago to pray that I would get more piano students, asked me how many more I wanted!) So, when I started to realize a few months ago that I was wanting to do elementary, I figured I'd better update Ryan!

Last Sunday, he was checking to see how I was doing in general (another thing I love about this guy - he not only prays for you, but keeps up with you, too.) Then he said, "well, there are a lot of elementary music teachers out there that should be afraid - I've been praying that someone will move away, or retire, or their husband will get transferred ..... "    Thank you, Ryan :o)

Anyway, please keep praying. As time goes on, I get frustrated with subbing on days that I'm not actually teaching anything (this happens only at the high school level  - always on non-music jobs, and sometimes even on music jobs.) Again, I want God's will. I have all of my info (resume, essay, clearances, EVERYTHING) on a website that a lot of districts use when they're looking for a teacher. I also keep checking websites of school districts all around here. I know that it's early for job postings, but I am trying to keep up with it.

The cool thing about all of this? God has his plans for me! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment