How can one day hold so much?
After breakfast, starting out the day at 8:00 AM with seminars that teach, inspire, and challenge my thinking.
Then ... Laura Story. If you've never heard her before, look her up on youTube. I was captivated by her music, as well as her account of her husband's severe health issues, just a few years into their marriage. Always humbly admitting her own inability to deal with things, always giving God the praise for His work in the situation. I came out of there reminded of God's faithfulness in all of our situations in life.
I sat in on the pastors' and elders' meetings for a while today. I will probably be doing a lot of that tomorrow. It is interesting to me to hear about these behind-the-scene things that these men handle in our denomination, and I'm thankful for their diligence, humility, wisdom, and thoroughness. There are a lot of godly leaders in the Presbyterian Church In America.
Then .. the Gettys in concert. Another thing to look up on youTube while you're there. Their gift for hymn writing ... Keith's piano playing .. Kristyn's voice ... their passion for congregational singing ... their very talented band ... and the sound of their native Ireland in much of their music leaves me joyful, wanting more, and praising God. The day couldn't have gotten any better.
Until ... Tim Keller preached. I always learn so much from listening to him. His sermons are always gripping, instructive, and Gospel-centered.
But wait ...there's more! The "dessert social" in the exhibit hall! Although, we did more socializing than dessert-ing. It's so great ... people you know ...or people that you don't know, but are the parents of someone in your congregation ..or a pastor who is the son of a former member ... or when people come up to THOSE people, and introductions are made, and you ALL have a great time talking ...
There's really nothing else like it. Maybe it's because you're all in the same ministry boat together, and you can relate to each other in ways that no one else can. But it's a great boat to be in ... I wouldn't want to be in any other boat. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment